Mammoth has a nice variety of single family home neighborhoods ranging from the ski-in/ski-out custom-built log homes on the high end to the affordable family-friendly homes on the affordable end. Here is a summary of the formal subdivisions, grouped together by the informal names we give our neighborhoods:
To view a count of single family homes vs vacant lots CLICK HERE.
EAGLE LODGE / JUNIPER SPRINGS
- EAGLE LODGE
- Mammoth Vista I (north of Meridian) and Mammoth Vista II and III (south of Meridian) are all within walking distance to Eagle Lodge
- Majestic Pines I, II, III and IV are nestled in between Sierra Star Golf Course and Eagle Lodge area. Street names all relate to trees and include Pinehurst, Sugar Pine, Silver Tip and Monterey Pine Rd.
- Tyrolean Pines I and II is tucked between Lake Mary Rd above and Camp High Sierra to the south.
- Crooked Pines on Lodestar is one of the very few neighborhoods that is zoned for nightly rentals of single family homes.
- Graystone sits next to Solstice condos on Sierra Star Golf Course and is another rare street where nightly rentals are permitted for homes.
- Juniper Ridge is an enclave of high-end homes that sit right next to the ski slopes and are only accessible from Lake Mary Rd above it.
- CANYON LODGE
- Mammoth Slopes 1-5 are located in-between Canyon and the Village. Some of Mammoth Slopes 4 is just a short walk to Canyon Lodge. Mammoth Slopes 1, 4, and 5 are close to the Village where you can take the Village Gondola to Canyon Lodge. Most homes in the Slopes are also very easily accessible to public transit. These homes provide a good balance of easy access to the slopes and great night life and food at the village.
- Greywolf, a small subdivision in-between Mammoth Slopes 3 and 4 was once a large quarry where they moved earth to help build the Mammoth Slopes and Canyon Lodge.
- Timber Ridge Estates I-II is positioned above Canyon Lodge. These phases are built on the side of the mountain offering many uninterrupted views of the Owens valley and Canyon ski area. Davison, which connects directly to Lake Mary Road as well as the Canyon Parking lot provides easy access to the Canyon Ski area, Lakes Basin and Tamarack Cross Country Ski Area, and town. The John Muir Road takes you to Timber Ridge Estates I and II as well as Timber Ridge Villas.
- Mammoth Knolls: The Knolls is located just north of the Village and is nestled up against a hill. There are more than 12 cul de sac with a large majority of homes that back up to forest service land. Some of the streets of the knolls like Saint Anton circle loops close to the village, Grindelwald stretches from Mammoth Knolls Drive to Forest Trail, and Saint Mortiz towards the top.
- Holiday pines
- LOWER FOREST TRAIL (behind the post office)- Forest Trail begins down by the fire station 1 and works its way all the way up past the Village and ends near Canyon Lodge. The lower section of Forest Trail passes behind many local shops and the post office. Snow Crest and Pinecrest avenue parallel Forest Trail. These streets are part of the Sierra Vista Estates 1 and Sierra Vista Estates 2. There are hiking trails that lead directly to Shady Rest Park as well as up to the Mammoth jeep trail.
- Old Mammoth:
- Overview: Old Mammoth refers to a large section nestled near the meadows bellow the Mammoth Lakes basin. Old Mammoth will lead you from town all they way up to the Twin Lakes. The road also passes many historic sights including mine shafts. This area tends to be a more quiet and secluded part of town as much of it is residential and narrow back road.
- The Bluffs: The bluffs contain many of Mammoths highest end homes. The majority of this neighborhood makes a loop on Fir Street and La Verne and a smaller loop on Pine Street. Most Lots and home offer fantastic views of the Sherwin Mountains, Owens Valley, Crowley Lake, the Town of Mammoth, and Mammoth Mountain.
- Snowcreek Ranch House: This is a private gated comunity directly off of the Snowcreek Golf Course. Comparable with the bluffs, Snowcreek Ranch contains many high end homes with beautiful landscaping. There are views of Mammoths meadow, the Sherwin’s, and Snowcreeks Golf Course.